General Homeschooling & Education (multiple topics):
- Khan Academy - great short and to the point
videos on numerous topics. Particularyl useful in math. This is
Bill Gates favorite teacher.
- Ed Helper consistently ranked in the top 10
for free education help
- Discovery Education - these resources are
free. They also have over 9000 high quality videos and other classroom
resources available to homeschoolers at a much discounted rate
as compared to schools
- Thinkfinity. Free lesson plans.
- free lesson plans from Discovery Education
- About Homeschooling
- Learning Page - printables for education on
- Study Stack - I just love this website
- Edsitement. Best of the Humanities on the Web.
Lesson plans for art, culture, foreign languages, history, social
studies, literature, and language arts.
- Easy Fun School - over 1,500 pages of free
unit studies, science projects, recipe and craft ideas, history
activities & many other resources to make homeschooling more
enjoyable for both child and parent!
- Hippo Campus - multimedia lessons and course
- National Geographic Education
- National Geographic Education Network
- National Geographic Kids
- Enchanted Learning - 20,000 web pages. A small
- SoftSchools.com provides free math worksheets,
free math games, grammar quizzes and free phonics worksheets and
games. Worksheets and games are organized by grades and topics.
- How Stuff Works - a great resource which includes
information and videos about science, history, geography, and
- Sites for Teachers. A huge list of resources
for educators ranked by popularity
- World of Teaching. Powerpoint presentations
for learning - numerous topics
- Pete's Power Point Station. An even larger
selection of powerpoint presentations for education
- Think Quest. Over 7000 presentations on numerous
- School Express - over 15,000 free educational
- abc Teach - YOUR ONLINE RESOURCE FOR CHILDREN'S
EDUCATION. Thousands of FREE printable worksheets and activities
Plus over 35,000 pages of worksheets and activities, abctools,
and more, available to members.
- Tools for Educators - custom worksheets, games,
and more designed for classrooms
- TeAchnology - 30,000+ Lesson Plans, 7,500+
FREE Worksheets and printables, 950+ teacher downloads, 60 teaching
themes, teaching tips, and a ton of FREE web tools for teachers.
- MES English - Free resources for teachers of
young learners. All of the resources are designed to be versatile
and useful in many K-6 classrooms. I have free flashcards, worksheets
and handouts to match, free phonics cards, free ESL games, an
international project exchange library, printable certificates,
printable stickers and activities all ready for printing.
- TLSBooks. Free educational worksheets for early
childhood through fifth grade.
- eThemes - eThemes is your source for content-rich,
kid-safe online resources that will help enhance your teaching
and save you time. eThemes provides free, fast access to over
2,500 collections of websites, on topics ranging from Aerodynamics
to Zebras and everything in between!
- Dictionary. great resource. What I love about
this site is that they pronounce the words. So if you look up
something, you can click the little speaker symbol and they say
it the way it should be pronounced.
- Homeschool Literature
- Info Please. Another great resource for information
on practically anything you want to know about.
- Scholastic offers free printables and other
- MinuteBio Free e-Learning courses - a series
- Wolfram Alpha. Statistics and facts about
numerous topics. Lots of calculations - compare the height of
different mountains for example.
- Owl and Mouse - free learning software. Nice
geography games and much more.
- Apples for the Teacher. Great site. It will
even read to you.
- Federal Resources for Educational Excellence
- Surf Net Kids has many great links.
- MIT Open Source - Massachusetts Institute of
Technology has thousands of courses available for free. Tons of
- Nicholas Academy is a nice resource. I like
the printables section.
Visit Homeschool.com homeschool.com
for a vast array of information and tools for home educating your
http://curiosityintheclassroom.com/ - Curiosity in the Classroom - a joint effort by Intel and Discovery Education. Lesson plans, videos, and more.
http://www.open.edu/openlearn/free-courses - Open Learn - The home of free learning
from The Open University
http://www.ucscout.org/courses - Scout - from the University of California
http://www.hoagiesgifted.org/online_hs.htm#english - Hoagies Gifted Education Page - for advanced learners
http://education-portal.com/academy/course/index.html - Education-portal - lots of classes available
http://www.cram.com Cram.com is a leader in the world of flashcards. We help over millions of students easily memorize historical dates, facts, numbers and other useful information by using Leitner’s system. We've also been featured on prestigious websites such as Business Insider, New York Times, Edutopia, and Stanford University.
Use discernment when visiting art sites. Some include images
you may not consider appropriate for your child(ren)s viewing.
- Arts Edge. The Kennedy Center art lessons.
- All About Drawings.
- Nature and Flower Pictures. How to take
- Fantasy Art School.
- First School
Finance / Economics
- Show Me the Future is a financial literacy
and life skills game, designed to help 12-20 year olds prepare
for their futures. The game helps players understand: the cost
of living; budgeting, which is vital to financial freedom; the
difference between wants and needs; the importance of financial
planning; the need to set career goals; and the value of higher
Games, Crafts, and Fun:
-Soft Schools - interactive games for learning
on multiple subjects
- Kinder Planet
- Fun School. Fun games for learning
- A Kids Heart - play and learn
- Learning Games for Kids. Lots of games helping
to learn many subjects
- PBS Kids. Games. Primarily for early learning
- Gudli - math, english, and puzzle games for
up through age 9
- Amazing Moms has arts and crafts, party ideas,
- Big Brainz Timez Attack. Very fun video game
for learning multiplication.
- World Images. Over 80,000 images for use in
education. Easy to search. Great resource.
- Free Range Stock. Free stock images that you
can use for homeschool or for commercial use.
http://www.sxc.hu/index.html - Stock Xchng.
One of my favorite free image sites. I've used their images on
my websites for years.
- Songs for Teaching - Using music to promote
- Young Zine. Kid friendly news site. Youngzine
is a one-of-a-kind Web site where children can learn about current
news and events shaping their world -- in a simple, engaging and
- Channel One. Geared to teens, this website
focuses on current events and lets kids stay abreast of what is
happening in the world and in the nation. A very good site.
http://www.wikipedia.com/ - Wikipedia. My
favorite resource for looking up anything with links to more information
and various images
- Britannica. A very extensive encyclopedia on
- the Internet Public Library - a great resource
- National Geographic
- The Public's Library and Digital Archive -
they have one of the largest online collections of literature
I've come across.
- Visual Dictionary
- Ref Seek Encyclopedias. Great list of online
- Spelling City
- Virginia Trekkers, travel Virginia virtually
- Tutor Hunt. A place where you can find a tutor
or advertise your tutoring services.
- Time 4 Writing. Writing ecourses
Visit These Pages for Homeschool Help in Other Topics
Additional Homeschool Resources
education and resources that assist with multiple subjects
Learning for Homeschool
Come back soon for many many more. We have hundreds of links
on paper. Now we are getting them on the web.
Feel free to suggest a link - email email@example.com
Return from Educational
Links to the Homeschool Resources Online home page.